Forensic science is the application of science to criminal and civil laws, mainly—on the criminal side—during criminal investigation, as governed by the legal standards of admissible evidence and criminal procedure. Forensic scientists collect, preserve, and analyze scientific evidence during the course of an investigation. While some forensic scientists travel to the scene of the crime to collect the evidence themselves, others occupy a laboratory role, performing analysis on objects brought to them by other individuals. In addition to their laboratory role, forensic scientists testify as expert witnesses in both criminal and civil cases and can work for either the prosecution or the defense. Forensic graduates work in both government and private agencies, hospitals and laboratories.
Many corporates hire forensic graduates as document experts, and in areas such as:
- Anti-terrorist operations
- Protection of human rights and environment
- Mass disaster management
- Cyber-crime investigation
- Consumer and intellectual property rights.
Top Colleges offering Forensic Science in South India:
1. Aditya Group of Institutions, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Jain University, Bangalore, Karnataka.
3. Dhanalakshmi Srinivasa College for Women, Tamil Nadu.
M.Sc Forensic Science
B.Sc Forensic Science